Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Mom-Charlene Brown

Yes, I adored her as much then as I do now.  My mom was born on January 19, 1934, in Grand Rapids, MI.  She and my dad got married when they were both too young to know better.  She had me, then my brother, Jim, and they divorced before my brother was even born.  She remarried and had 6 more children, one of whom died in infancy.  Mom worked hard all her life to keep all of the children fed and clothed.  She could do anything and could squeeze a nickel like noone else I knew.  She's still with us but getting up there in years. She is the one who started me on learning the family history, having gathered tons of information herself before passing it all on to me.







1 comment:

  1. :) Hi mommy. I know you probably are but I was hoping to have you confirm that you are planning on doing the WHOLE family here all the way back to the orignal Taylor and Brown?

    ReplyDelete